Hello there, the other day i tried refreshing and reinstalling the usb ports on my PC, as some of my connecting devices are not recognized . I present the detailed procedure on refrshing the usb ports..lets go!!
Here are the steps to refresh/reinstakll/uninstalling the USB ports on the computer.
The USB port needs to be refreshed to make sure that no other device has captured the USB port of the computer.(mouse, video camera, your external usb hard disk) what ever it may be.
Follow the steps given below to refresh USB ports.
1. Right-click My Computer icon on the desktop, and then select Properties.
2. Click the Hardware tab.
3. Click the Device Manager button.
4. Click the plus (+) sign to the left of Universal Serial Bus controllers.
5. Right-click the device listed under Universal Serial Bus controller and select Uninstall.
6. Click OK to confirm the removal of the device.
Please note, repeat Steps 5 and 6 until all the devices under Universal Serial Bus Controller are removed.
7. Shut down the computer.
CAUTION: Ensure that the Shut Down option is selected, instead of the Restart option.
8. Wait for 5 seconds and then restart the computer. When the computer restarts, a "Windows has detected new or added hardware" message window will open.
The above steps will refresh the USB ports.
Now connect the the USB devices like mouse, video camera, your external usb hard disk...usb hubs...whatever you like and the drivers should install automatically.
Tip: It is allways recommended to connect the main usb devices at the rear end usb port..as they require more power to initate.