Inaddition to the HP MediaSmart TV Resident Program Has Stopped Working error, the following are the fixes in this update.Download the patch to resolve the issue.
HP MediaSmart TV Software
Release Date: 2009-03-05 Version: 2.1.1409
Download file size: 50.16M
sp42505 1/1 (50.16M)
HP MediaSmart TV Software must already be installed on the notebook/laptop
Updates the iChannel download mechanism so that it works as follows:
1. When HP MediaSmart TV (MSTV) launches, MSTV asks the TVAgent to download provider.xml and all channellist.xml.
2. When an XML file is downloaded, TVAgent records the time of the download.
3. For the same XML file, TVAgent checks to determine if this file was downloaded more than 12 hours ago. If not, TVAgent will re-download it. If yes,TVAgent will do nothing.
4. When the user enters the iChannel folder, MSTV asks TVAgent to download the necessary thumbnails in that folder. Thumbnails in the sub-folder do not download in this case.
5. For the same thumbnail (PreviewPath is the same), TVAgent does not re-download the file.
6. When MSTV is closed, MSTV asks TVAgent to stop downloading. (TVAgent finishes the current ongoing task, and then stops until MSTV is alive again.) TVAgent does not download anything when MSTV is not running.
The following are the supported operating systems for this update.
Operating system(s): Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows Vista Starter, Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic (64-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (64-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Business (64-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise (64-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (64-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic (32-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise (32-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Business (32-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit)
Please use the comments section below to discuss the issue, which would help others.