Security Update for SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 4 (KB960082) failed With error code 0x2C24 during the installation of windows update which relates to Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 4,
This update might be downloaded with automatic updates but continues to fail to install repeated times. When you Further look at the issue, windows failed to install the updated with the error code 0x2C24.
The simple solution for this problem is Setting MSSQL$SBSMONITORING from Disabled to Manual in the services window, following are the steps to do that.
- Click Start
- Click Run
- Go to services windows by typing "services.msc" in Run
- Search for the MSSQL$SBSMONITORING Service
- Right Click on MSSQL$SBSMONITORING and click on Properties.
- If you have this service (MSSQL$SBSMONITORING) in Disabled mode Change to Manual and click on Ok
- Install the Update Security Update for SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 4 (KB960082), it would be successful