HPQGENDS.TMP is Missing . Error 1706 For HP Products

" hpqgends.tmp is missing” or Error 1706 could occur when trying to access the HP Photo and Imaging software.

A message appears indicating that Microsoft® Windows XP is trying to configure the software, eventually it will ask for the photo and imaging software CD to be inserted. If the software CD is not inserted and the message cancelled a 1706 error will appear.

You could also get this error with the HP G4050 amd G4010 scanners, in a different way "Insert the software Cd".

Cause for the Error " hpqgends.tmp is missing" and Error 1706 :

" hpqgends.tmp is missing” error or 1706 could occur when the hpqgends.tmp is missing from the 'Migrate' directory. "hpqgends.tmp" is located in seveal places in your computer. another reason could be that when you use cleanup utilities or the registry cleaners or the antispywares or antivirus softwares to clean your temporary files automatically.

Check whether the hpqgends.tmp is present in the following locations.

XP locations

C:\WINDOWS\twain_32
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Migrate
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Migrate\2300c

Windows (R) 2000 locations

C:\WINDOWS\twain_32
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Migrate

SOLUTION:

To resolve the issue serach for the file "hpqgends.tmp" in the following path

C:\WINDOWS\twain_32
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Migrate
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Migrate\2300c

NOTE:Change the model number of your printer or scanner accordingly.

If its not available, then search for that file in the CD. Copy that file from the CD to all the above paths. Then reinstall the scanner software again on to the existing software.

Alternatively, I recommend you to download the latest software for your product from the hp website and install.

Post your comments on the error!

Thanks!!
Hpanswers.

7 comments:

  1. I have checked as peryour advice for hpqgends.tmp file,
    But I could't get from my XP system,
    Could you please send me that file for 2300c hp scanner?

    Rajagopal
    raja2001s(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I was able to get the copier function working again. I still get an "Unexpected Error" message when I try to scan photo or documents though. Any advise. I have checked for updates and none were found.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please let me know all; the hp programs listed under add/remove programs in control panel, that would help me in diagnosing the issue.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. if I delete existing files will I lose my photos to reinstall

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there a work around for that stupid hpqgends.tmp? I'm tired of keeping a renamed copy on my computer and pasting it back into the folder every time I clean my computer. I know I could just rename it every time before I clean, but it's actually the same as what I do now minus the cut and paste job. Why on earth would HP even consider making a file that ends in .tmp when it's needed to run my scanner? Most people know when you clean your computer that the .tmp files all get deleted. So why didn't HP have the sense to just give it a different name in the first place?

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should make this one file available as a download. That would fix the problem for a lot of people.

    ReplyDelete