While installing HP LaserJet 1018,1020,1022,p1006 printer, you might receive the following error messages.
1. Device is not recognized
2. USB device got malfunctioned
3. USB port is not listed in the ports tab while installing the printer using Add Printer Wizard
Follow the below steps.
1. Right click on My Computer icon and select properties.
2. Open Hardware Tab and click on Device Manager option.
3. Locate Universal Serial Bus Controllers and check if there is any Unknown device root hub is listed, if it is listed then right click on it and uninstall it.
4. Locate USB 2.0 Enhanced controllers, right click on it and click on Disable option.
5. Restart the computer and connect the printer to computer and try installing the printer.
If it does not work, Connect the printer using different USB cable and to different USB port at the rear end USB port of the computer and try to install the printer.